If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (970) 259-6184

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Microwave Safety Tips to Prevent Fire Damage: A Message from Your Local Durango SERVPRO® Team

1/2/2024 (Permalink)

Microwaves have become indispensable in simplifying our lives, offering convenience in defrosting and reheating meals. However, occasional malfunctions can lead to fire damage. Our local SERVPRO® team in Durango responds to fire damage emergencies, partnering with the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) to provide essential microwave safety tips for your home.

Microwave Safety Tips:

  1. Purchase a Certified Microwave:

    • Ensure your microwave oven is listed by a qualified testing laboratory.
    • Complete and return the product registration card to stay informed about potential recalls.
  2. Direct Wall Outlet Connection:

    • Plug the microwave directly into the wall outlet, avoiding the use of extension cords.
  3. Safe Placement:

    • Ensure the microwave is at a safe height, within easy reach of all users.
  4. Caution While Opening:

    • Open food containers slowly, away from the face to prevent burns from hot steam or food.
  5. Even Heating Awareness:

    • Recognize that food heats unevenly in microwaves; stir and test before consuming or serving to children.
  6. Avoid Microwaving Baby Bottles:

    • Never heat a baby bottle in the microwave due to uneven heating that may cause hot pockets and result in burns. Opt for safer methods such as warming in a bowl of warm water or under a tap.

Call Us Today: When unfortunate fire damage occurs in your Durango home or business, our local SERVPRO® team is Here to Help.® Reach out to us today for swift and efficient restoration services.

Note: Franchises are independently owned and operated.

Other News

View Recent Posts